Monday, March 19, 2012

Amazing Weekend

I wish I had some pictures to share but unfortunately I did not take any pictures with my camera this weekend.  I will have to get some from my sister-in-law to share at a later date.  I just had an absolutely amazing weekend and I wanted to share.  Friday night was pretty quiet but I did get to go for a nice long walk with my roommate.  It's been a while since we've actually had a chance to spend some time together.  Funny how we can live in the same house, yet I feel like I barely get to see her.  Saturday the festivities began.  In honour of Olena's birthday we planned a full day of fun.  We started out by getting our nails done and then met up with some friends to paint pottery at Brushfire.  I painted a vase for my basement.  It needs to be fired in the kilm so I won't be able to pick it up for at least a week.  After that we went to Kawaii Crepes for dinner with some more friends. It was absolutely delicious and I will be going back there for sure.  I had a crepe with chicken and yams in it for supper and then a peanut butter and cheesecake crepe for dessert.  There were so many crepes to choose from it was hard to decide.  After dinner a few of us headed to the new country bar, The Ranch Saloon.  It was a lot of fun.  I went back to Olena's for the night and then she made me a wonderful breakfast.  I'm so lucky to have such an amazing sister.  On Sunday we went to a friend's baby shower and I got to spend some more time with my awesome friends and had some more delicious food.  By the time I got home on Sunday night I was exhausted, the good kind of exhausted though!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.  The above average temperatures and the feeling that spring is already in the air, just added to the beauty of this weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. and where was your brother while all this fun was to be had? sounds like he was missing out on the birthday festivities.

    glad you could spend some time with christine. i'm sure it was enjoyable for both of you and i'm just a little jealous. i know what it is like to live with room-mates and never see them...funny how you can both have such busy and different schedules.

    pictures are a must. you should always have your camera with you...if not for your sake, for mine while i read your blog. i like seeing your pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately my brother was out of town for Olena's birthday this year. He's back for a week now and then is gone again for his birthday on the 29th. They will be celebrating both their birthdays this weekend instead. I'm sure he was a little disappointed he missed out on everything but I guess it comes with his job.
    I will remember to bring my camera out with me next time Krista. You are so sweet. :) I do agree that blogs with pictures are always that much better.

    ReplyDelete