Saturday, July 21, 2012

Art Study for Next Year- O'Keeffe

An idea for an art study next year.  A couple years back I did a short art lesson and activity on Georgia O'Keeffe.  I recently came across this quote from her while looking on Pintrest and it reminded me of the activity I did.  Thinking I might do an artist study next year and focus a few lessons on O'Keeffe.  Below are some of her works of art and then the exemplar I used for our class art activity (I found this idea online).




We talked about the use of warm and cool colours and some students used cool colours for their pictures while others used warm colours.  This lesson allowed us to talk about warm/cool colours, line and abstract art.  After looking at some other ideas online I'm excited to try out something different and a little more creative.  I've never been really creative when it comes to art but love some of the ideas I have found online and that my teaching partner last year showed me.  Hoping to have a much better art program for my kiddos next year.

Here are some more interesting art activities based on O'Keeffe I found:
http://www.artforsmallhands.com/2009/09/in-style-of-georgia-okeeffe.html

http://www.deepspacesparkle.com/2011/10/31/okeeffe-flowers-art-project-for-kids/


http://thecraftyninja.com/georgia-okeeffe-art-lesson/

Well there are a few ideas I can use for next year.  I'll try to plan out a few ideas for some other artists and put them together as well.  Not sure which of these I will use but it's nice to have some options.

No comments:

Post a Comment