1) Went Camping in Spruce Woods for 5 days.
I went with my mom, dad, Steve, Olena and Austin. The 5 of us (6 with baby) slept in my parents trailer. It was a little "cozy" in there but it actually worked. I planned on setting up my tent so we'd have more sleeping room but our spot was a lot smaller than the picture showed and there was no room for it. It was Austin's first official camping trip and he was a little trooper. He slept pretty well at night and we had a great time with him each day. We went to the beach a couple times and for an evening stroll for ice cream in a town close by. Steve and Olena left a day earlier than we did so on that last evening and day we got some hiking in. My mom and dad even went with me on a 10km hike to the Spirit Sands and Devil's Punch Bowl. It was a long and hot walk but we made it.
| Canada landed on our last night there |
| A small lake we crossed before getting to the Devil's Punchbowl. |
| The Devil's Punchbowl |
| A view of the river nearby |
| The Spirit Sands |
So the watersealing went super easy and looked fantastic.... for about a day. Then it rained! and rained! and the next morning I woke up to a splotchy and awful looking deck. I was so disapponted. I guess the water seal hadn't dried enough and where ever the rain was sitting on the deck over night it made splotchy marks. I was so frustrated and since the stuff is supposed to be clear, I figured a second coat wouldn't help any. Luckily it rained again the next day and it evened it out a bit more. I decided to sand down the worst spots and redid them (the railing mostly and the front step) but the rest will have to do and I just put the furniture back on the deck to cover it up. I'll redo it again next year and I guess it will even itself out from normal wear.
The painting went a lot better. I must admit I was a little scared to get up on the ladder to paint the second floor windows but after a while I kind of got used to it. Still not the funnest feeling though. So I decided to paint my window trim white. It was a reddish colour before and I never liked it. I know a few people have told me.. white??? That's so boring! (and I know one reader of this blog will think I'm just talking about her but you're not the olny one to say this) but I like the way it looks. I don't have a picture of the front of my house to show you yet but I'll post a before and after later for you to judge yourself :)
3) Spent time with my amazing nephew, Austin. Enough said!!!
I can't believe how long it's taken me to get out on a course this year but I've tried 2 new courses so far. I went to one just down my street for the first time and I loved it. Didn't do so great but it was my first time out this year. The second game was at an old favourite and then today I went with a new boy in my life and his friend. We went out to Teulon. It's an hour drive to get there but the course was really nice.
5) Other stuff here and there. Went for a few bike rides down the bike path near my home. It goes all the way to the cemetary where my cousin has his spot so it's nice to have a destination to ride to and to have a moment at his bench. Acutally went on a 24km bike ride with the new boy I spoke of earlier. We couldn't take the bike path because he was on roller blades and a small section was being redone so we took a very long detour and then when around some other areas as well. When all was said and done ended up figuring out it was about 24km long. I went to Corydon for ice cream. Tried out the frozen yogurt at Menchies for the first time. Had a bon fire at the boy's place. Been to a few movies including a drive-in at the church near my parents place and I went to see The Heat which I totally recommend. I've done a little planning here and there for school but nothing crazy. Still keeping up my garden and heading to the gym when I get the chance.
Other than that the days seem to be flying by. I know August is going to go by so much quicker. I have a 7 night camping trip planned for Rushing River. A 2 night camping trip to Grand Beach. A few events planned with family and friends and Rainbow Stage tickets for Mary Poppins are bought. The last two weeks before going back to school are going to be busy with back to school preperations and then that's it. Summer will be over. I'm going to make the most of it though and enjoy every minute.
Hope your summer is going great!






new boy...do explain?
ReplyDeletenephew...super cute.
summer...sounds totally awesome and fun filled.
august... add in a visit with this friend.
xoxo
k
When are you back? Christine was telling me you were thinking early August. I hope we can meet up. I'll be in rushing river from the 5th-12th and the grand beach from the 14th-16th.
ReplyDeleteThe new boy is very new. We'll see how things go and I can tell you about him when I see you in August if things are still working out by then. His name is Kevin. That's all you get for now :)
I know the person you are referencing with the white trim talk! But Girish also was shocked by the colour choice... so that's 2 people (and I'm assuming others as well).
ReplyDelete