Last Wednesday I pulled into my garage to find a huge surprise. My parents had spent the day at my house painting and building shelves in my garage. I had no idea they had planned to do this or that they were even heading to my house that day, I had asked my dad a while ago if he would help me with a project. I wanted to put a shelf across the top of my garage to make some more storage space for myself. My dad responded by saying he would have time in the spring to help me out with this. I was satisfied and hadn't mentioned it since.
Apparently my dad and mom discussed this and planned to build the shelf as a surprise for me for my birthday. Now of course my garage is quite old and really nothing fancy. There isn't a lot you can do to make it look "cute" or "nice" but it's a garage and does it's job just fine. My mom however had plans to fix it up as much as possible and attempt "cutsying it up" for me. She painted my cupboards, put shelf liner in it, painted little shelves under my windows that my dad put in, painted my countertop and even added some cute decals. Then she purchased a bunch of bins and went about organizing all of my gardening tools and such. While my mom did this my dad built the shelf I wanted and a few extra shelves around my garage as well as rigging up a spot I can slide my patio table into without having to bungee cord it up in the corner of my garage like I did last winter. It was a huge surprise and very appreciated. I really have the most amazing parents.
Here is a before picture of the cabinet.
Here are a couple after pictures.
looks awesome sam. your parents rock!
ReplyDelete