Monday, March 31, 2014

Making Plans :)

So things are finally getting more concrete with regards to our Europe plans this summer. The flights are now booked and we know which countries we will be visiting for sure. We have looked up some places we will visit and are slowly starting to piece together our trip. I am getting super excited and can't believe that this is only 3 short months away!!! :)

As of right now this is what I know...

We leave July 5th and fly to Zurich, Switzerland
We fly home August 2nd out of Munich, Germany

We will be visiting 5 countries: Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Austria and Germany
We will be staying with Kevin's friend in Switzerland and some of Kevin's family in Slovenia
We will be going to Venice :) and riding a Gondola (this is a must!!)
We will visit an old concentration camp (not sure which one yet)
We are looking into getting a rail pass for travelling but not sure how many days we will need it for.
We are probably going to an F1 Race in Hockenheim, Germany

The rest of the details are in the works. I am thankful that Kevin has been to most of these countries before and I know there are a few places he loved that we will be going to. There will also be some places he didn't visit that we have on our list which is great as well. Had you told me a year ago that I would be planning a trip for Europe, I would have laughed. It has always been a dream of mine to go, but I never thought I'd actually have the chance to make it a reality this soon. I figured maybe down the road when I was much older I'd plan to go with my husband but for now I didn't know anyone interested in going with me and I am not the type who would want to travel alone. I think this is going to be a great experience for Kevin and I to share and we will actually get to celebrate our 1 year anniversary while we are in Europe. I'm thinking that is pretty rare and special :)

Anyways, the rest of my summer is going to be crazy as well. Kevin was sweet enough to make sure he accommodated the rest of my summer plans so I wouldn't have to miss out on anything. Although this will make for one hectic, but amazing summer. I arrive back at 7:30pm on August 2nd and then have a close friend's wedding on August 3rd. I then leave for Rushing River with my family on August 4th for an 8-day camping trip. Not sure how all that will play out and how exhausted I'll be but it will all be worth it I'm sure.

:) :) :) :) So happy and excited right now :) :) :) :)


2 comments:

  1. well...this is super exciting news. i am sure you will have an awesome time in Europe this summer. Of course your blog title made me think of something else...getting married...which made me sad that I was finding out on your blog. Keep that in mind!!! When you get engaged I better get a text, phone call, or a personal email!!! This Kevin guy seems pretty amazing...like a real keeper!

    And, I am super impressed that your summer is already that planned out. Only a few more months to go...hopefully it starts to warm up and feel like spring soon!

    Love ya Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry, when that time comes you will be hearing from me personally. AND you better be booking a flight to Winnipeg for the wedding as well :)

    Unfortuanately all my plans this summer means I probably won't be around when/if you make a trip to Manitoba over the summer. Do you have any plans for the summer yet yourself? I feel like I haven't had a chance to see you in quite some time. Maybe Kevin and I have to plan a trip to Toronto next year and you can finally meet him.

    ReplyDelete