Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Keeping Kevin busy

Kevin is constantly fixing things and finding jobs to do around my house. If I were to give you a list of things he has fixed, installed, replaced, or otherwise worked on in my house, we would be here a while. And the thing is I don't even ask him to do these jobs, he offers before I need to even ask (and in many cases before I even realize something needs to be fixed). Here are just a few of the things he has done for me in the last week. 

First my tree.
I hated this tree. It dripped sap on my deck, making black spots on the wood. It was home to many aphids in the summer. It dropped leaves all over my deck and yard in the fall. And it prevented my flowers in my deck boxes from growing. I have wanted to get rid of this tree for over 2 years now but my dad didn't feel comfortable cutting it down, as it hung over a couple wires leading to my house (cable and phone). I briefly mentioned something about hating that tree on the weekend, not even really thinking about what I said and Kevin responded with, "we could get rid of it." Within three days he was cutting it down in -40 weather. The day he planned to cut it down I came home from work with a migraine. I called him and told him we'd do it another day. Being as stubborn as he is, he came over with Excederin Migraine pills for me, set me up in my room with a blanket and closed the drapes and then proceeded outside to start cutting down this tree. In four hours he had it down.


Then in the folowing days he built this in my backyard. Snowbenches for us to enjoy a bonfire and burn some of the branches of this tree. Last weekend we had some friends over and enjoyed a bonfire. We will burn some more tomorrow and then have another bonfire with friends this weekend. 


This past weekend he also decided to install a new ceiling light in my dining room, as well as, fix and replace some electrical plugs in my basement for me. This is the new light fixture. So much nicer than the old brass one that was probably from the 70s or 80s.


Then this morning I go to leave for work and my garage door won't close. The cord on the side wasn't wrapping up on the pulley system and it wouldn't go down any further than this. I had no time to play around with it and frustrated, I left it like this. I sent Kevin the picture and asked if he'd come by this evening to help me fix it. Instead I got a message at 11 when he checked his phone saying he'd take care of it today (I assumed he meant after work) and then another message at noon saying it was fixed. As soon as he saw my message he dropped everything at work, asked to leave for a bit and use some of his banked overtime and headed to my place. It took him half an hour to fix it and then he headed back to work. What a guy!!


Oh and this weekend was Valentine's Day as well and Kevin spoiled me, as he does every day. I honestly don't know how I managed to find him. I still find myself thinking this must be a dream. I don't think I could have even dreamed up a guy as amazing as Kevin though. I never thought that guys like him actually existed and to think they do and I am lucky enough to call him mine.  



1 comment:

  1. now all we need is a kevin and sam picture!! sounds like an amazing guy. i am glad that you are so happy!!

    ReplyDelete