Thursday, January 05, 2012

Company's coming!

Table set... check
Tomorrow I am hosting my first ever dinner party.  I have had potlucks and larger gatherings in my home several times since I first moved in but this will be the first time I cook dinner for more than 3 people.  I have invited three fellow teachers from my school and their husbands/wives for dinner.  I am excited and nervous for it but feel I am prepared and hope everything goes smoothly.  I have created a plan for myself as to what time different things need to get done.  With one small oven in my kitchen I need to plan accordingly so everything can get done and be ready to serve at the same time.  I also have a list of things I need to get done tomorrow morning/afternoon as well.  Groceries have all been purchased, aside from walking over to Harvest Bakery in the morning to pick up some fresh buns and I have everything I need tomorrow organized and accounted for.  I will post tomorrow or the next day to let you know how everything turned out.
Here's what's on the menu

No comments:

Post a Comment