Monday, January 02, 2012

Resolutions

My New Year’s Resolution of 2011 was simple… Try New Things.  Keeping a simple New Year’s Resolution is definitely a lot easier to live up to and keep then a specific and daunting one.  Also the fact that it could encompass all areas of my life and be fun made it easier to fulfill as well.   I had fun with my resolution of 2011 and thinking back on the year feel I was quite successful with it.  Here are just some of the new things I tried in 2011…

     Tried Zumba dancing
     Took Hot Yoga
     Joined a Belly Dancing Class
     Went fishing
Steve's fishing boat

Became a home owner


     Went to an auction and bought something



     Painted (Pysanka and cabinets, doors and the like)

Caution Wet Paint!
















    Got a roommate
    Went on a blind date
    Got a tattoo
    In honour of my cousin.  Forever in my heart.
         Fundraised for Run for the Cure
         Tried many new foods
         Tried and found a love for tea (especially Green Tea)
         Tried wine and enjoyed it
         Carved a Pumpkin

      The Haunted House is mine






          







      Bought and Decorated my first Christmas tree   
      These are just some of the new things I tried this past year.  I enjoyed finding new ways to live up to my New Year’s Resolution and hope to find as much success with my resolution for 2012.  This year I am going to make my resolution to… Enjoy Life.  Far too often I feel guilty spending time doing things for myself and taking time away from schoolwork, planning, housework and other obligations.  I consider cleaning my house a break from my work and simply switch from planning to marking when I get tired of one of them.  I spend far too much time thinking about and worrying about work and when I’m not I feel guilty afterwards for having “wasted” time on doing something less productive.  But really what is unproductive about taking care of myself, enjoying my family and friends and doing things I love to do? Since when do our lives revolve around our jobs, as opposed to our jobs being a way to make money so we can enjoy life?  I’ll admit my job is a pretty demanding one and I do feel I am responsible for all of my students as if they were my own children in many ways but at the end of the day I need to have my own life as well.  I enjoy my work on most days but I would prefer to be spending a day laughing with my friends, watching a good movie, reading a book or hanging out with my family.  This year I plan to do far more of the things I love doing and maybe finding some more things to enjoy.  Last year was all about trying new things, this year I will spend doing the things I already enjoy and maybe finding some more things I can enjoy.  

      2 comments:

      1. i love it sam! i love the look of your blog. i love being able to read about your thoughts and what you are up to. i love your outlook on life for this next year. it is so important that we take the time to ENJOY LIFE right now. i am also super impressed at all the new things you tried this year. and i love your tattoo. your cousin will forever be loved and remembered.

        happy new year sam!
        i love you and i miss you.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Hey Samantha!
        You definitely had a fun year last year and tried a lot of new things :)
        I say you should enjoy all of that and don't feel guilty! Once you have kids all those things seem so out of reach. To me, a good time is watching tv because that's all there's time for. Lame :(
        Looking forward to more posts! Keep it up!!

        ReplyDelete