Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mikey

Dear Mikey,

I am thinking of you a lot today Mikey and wishing I could be celebrating your 25th birthday with you.  How you would have loved looking out the window this morning to see all this snow.  You would have, no doubt, had your snowmobile geared up and been out there making some tracks in this newly fallen snow by now.  How I wish you could be.  And then later tonight you would have happily joined our family to help you in celebrating this special day.  The jokes and stories you would have told would have brought smiles to everyone's faces as we gathered to celebrate you.  Instead today we think about you with both sadness for the time we will not get to spend with you but also with fondness and love for the time we did have together.  It was far too short but I am so thankful for every moment I got to spend with you.

Your brother wrote a wonderful memory to you on Facebook today.  I know your brother, sister-law and niece miss you so much and I am certain they are sharing wonderful memories about you with your nephew Owen.  It is such a shame that he will never have the chance to meet his amazing uncle.



Happy Birthday Mikey. We miss you soo much, I think about you all the time. Sometimes more than others like this morning with a fresh 8 inches of snow on your birthday. You would have been so happy. You wouldn't have been quite so happy yesterday when the snow was starting and people were having to learn how to drive in snow again. I can just imagine the stories you would have had about them today. Paige got her first new snowmobile helmet from Kurt at Tcona the other day, after she picked the one she wanted and we decided to get it she said "daddy now we can put a 22 on it for my uncle Mikey". I am so glad she has the memories of you that she does but am so pissed off and sad for you and her that you dont get to be a part of these times, she would have been so excited to show her uncle Mikey. I think about all the moments that we aren't going to have together and it makes me so sad, its so unfair. Everything that happens I think of you and miss you, when its good or bad I wish you were here with me. We are going for a atv ride today like we did on this day last year in honor of you. Owen looks exactly like you and I'm sure he will be ripping around the back yard on atv 's and snowmobiles just like you did. I don't know what to believe in but I hope you in some way get to watch your niece and nephew grow and be happy. I know I am a better person because I had you in my life I miss you and love you so much. R.I.P
-Bill Mooney

I had to laugh thinking about all those times you vented about those darn Winnipeg drivers and how it could be that so many people out there just 'did not know how to drive in this snow.  It's like none of them had ever seen a Winnipeg winter before.'  I never knew you to get mad or upset about anything except when it came to people's driving skills.  You always had a smile on your face and a positive outlook on life.  You were one of the happiest people I know and could bring a smile to anyone's face at any time.  You really did live every day as if it could be your last and enjoyed life to the fullest. I hope you knew how much you were loved and how many people cared so deeply for you.  You have touched so many lives and your memory will live on forever.

I love you so much and miss you more than words can say.

Love,
    Samantha



1 comment: