Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Time is Here

So today was my official first day of Christmas Break and I must say it was about the laziest day I've had in a very long time.  I watched a few Christmas movies, wrapped presents and just was plain old lazy.  I also got not one but two phone calls from my sweetheart.  He is currently spending the holidays with his family in Newfoundland.  I will post about him in a seperate post. :)

Watching a Christmas movie and enjoying my beautiful tree 
I love the holidays and wanted to dedicate this post to the Christmas festivities I have already taken part in this year.

First I will begin with Olena and my 3rd annual Christmas baking extravaganza.  This year we made sugar cookies together and iced them and I also made a Mars Bar slice while she made dough for a few other types of Christmas cookies.

Making Cookies
I also took Olena to the Jason McCoy Christmas concert as part of her Christmas gift this year.  For about half of the show Jason sang Christmas songs and for the other half he sang his regular hits.  He was very entertaining and quite funny in between songs.  It was a great show.

Jason McCoy concert
Jon came over to help me decorate my tree this year.  I will admit I was a tad apprehensive of this, as I  can be a bit particular as to how my tree is decorated.  He did a fabulous job without much direction from me and we had a great time listening to Christmas carols and drinking tea.  And I didn't even suggest the idea! :)

Jon and my decorated tree
Last night we had our holiday potluck with my high school friends.  It was a great time and we had a pretty good turn out.  Unfortunately Ashley's little guy, Bentley, got sick and they were unable to join us and Tatiyana had other plans but otherwise the whole crew was there.  Leanne and Frank brought there two adorable boys, Xavi and Eliseo and Steph's boy, Cody, was also there.  Xavi has typically in the past played shy around me and other new people but we had a great time together yesterday.  He didn't shy away from me when he came in and after I helped him with his coat and boots I had him glued to my side the rest of the night.  Andrea, who isn't always able to make it out to our potlucks, as she lives out of town, was there as well and it was great catching up with her.  I really have a pretty awesome group of friends.  I am pretty impressed at how we have managed to make time for eachother and stayed close in the 10 years since high school.  I also love how our group is growing with the addition of new significant others and children.

Next year's Chirstmas Card?
Cute kids
Xavi and I

The next three days shall be filled with a lot of celebrating, family and food.  Looking forward to three days of Christmas and all the joy that comes with it.


2 comments:

  1. boyfriend!!!! i had no idea. and i don't think it is fair that i have to wait for another post about this guy. can i assume it is the guy with the christmas tree...if so...he is either very tall...or you tree is rather short.

    i'm so happy that you are enjoying this festive holiday! i hope you take some time to relax and have "sam time" to do the things we teachers have to wait for Christmas break to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. so nice to see/read a blog from you!!

    ReplyDelete