Then I started chatting online with Jon. He was out of town at the time for his job and we planned to get together when he was back home. We went out for lunch on November 10th for the first time and when he dropped me back off at home he genuinely seemed interested in going out for a second date some time. A few hours later I got a text from him and he asked what I was doing that evening. Our second date ended up being a lot sooner than I could have anticipated. We watched a movie that night and had a great time again. We have spent a lot of time together since then, getting together 4 or more times a week. We always have lots to talk about and I feel very comfortable around him. From day one I felt like I was able to be myself around him, joke around with him and just talk about whatever. I usually feel so nervous around new guys, not sure what to say or how to act. With Jon it is like being with someone I have known forever.
He was born in Nova Scotia and grew up in Newfoundland. He joined the military and moved to Ontario after high school. He got transferred to Winnipeg two years ago. He has gone back to Newfoundland to be with his family for Christmas and is coming back on Jan 2. This will leave us with a few days to spend together before I have to go back to school and before he starts work in the new year.
As he left on December 19th we had to celebrate Christmas early. Jon had suggested we set a limit for our gifts and we agreed upon $30. I, being the type to follow the rules, stayed within the limit. Jon, however, did not. He surprised me with a manicure and pedicure gift certificate for the Clarion, Oasis Spa, as well as some bath products from Fruit and Passion. A gift worth much more than the measly $30 I spent. I decided to go with a theme for my gift and got him everything needed for a movie night in. I got him a movie, a cozy fleece blanket and some treats. I was glad that I at least picked him up dinner and a coffee from Tim Horton's on my way over that night.
Krista, there is a lot more I could tell you about this wonderful guy but I would prefer to update you more in person. I hope I get to see you over the holidays and I will tell you more about the new guy in my life. And to clarify: the tree is 6 feet. Jon is tall but not that tall. I will have to get some better pictures of Jon and maybe of us together when he is back in the New Year. As for now these quick photos I took with my phone will have to do.



eeeekkkk. so exciting!!! i'm so happy for you! can't wait to hear more about this guy!
ReplyDelete