Monday, April 08, 2013

Far too long...

So I realized that the last post I wrote on here was at Christmas time, over 3 months ago!!  I guess it's about time I update you on what is new and fabulous in my life.  Where do I begin?

The most exciting thing for me right now is that I am going to be an aunt for the first time within the month.  Olena is due April 28th and looks just too darn cute.  It really looks like she just stuck a basketball under her shirt, she is so tiny everywhere else.  I've gone back and forth on whether I think it will be a boy or a girl but here is my official prediction as of right now: I think it will be a boy, born on May 1 and let's say a weight of 7 lbs 8 oz.  Not really sure about the weight but we'll see how accurate I am on everything soon enough.


Secondly I am still seeing Jon and things are going great right now.  He's away again, but he only goes away for a week or two at a time so it's not too bad.  It's always nice having a reunion once he gets back too.  :) We've been dating for almost 5 months now, which seems kind of crazy.  The time really has gone by fast.  Sometimes I think about it and can't believe I've been in a relationship for that long.  Aside from Diego this is the longest relationship I've been in.  We'll see where things go.  It does worry me a little because I know he won't stay in Winnipeg forever.  I hate the idea of having to leave my family someday (especially now that I'm going to have a little niece or nephew here).  Somedays I think it would be okay and I'd enjoy a new city but other days I wonder about it.  Another thing I worry about is finding a job if I were to move.  I am so close to having permanent finally (fingers crossed this is the year) and if I move I'm back to square one again.  Actually even further back than that, as I will have no connections and have to take courses to be able to teach there.  I might actually end up pretty close to you Krista.

Other than that I am enjoying school this year.  I have a fabulous group of grade 6 students who make me smile and laugh each and every day.  I love going to school and I love being around my students.  The school I am at has a great feel to it. Just walking down the halls, you feel welcome and cheerful.  It's a very positive place to be.  Right now we are getting ready for our Spring Musical.  The grade 6s are acting in it and I have been helping out with practices every lunch hour.  The musical is called On the Radio and it takes you through the decades from the 1920s up to the 1970s.  The songs are really great and in between each song are skits that relate to the decade.  I can't wait to see it all come together.

I hope I am back at this school again next year and that I get my permanent contract.  This week my principal is evaluating me on 3 lessons he will come in to observe.  Tomorrow is my first one and then I'll have one the next day and then the day after that.  I am a little bit nervous but not overly so.  I am pretty confident that things will go well.

My spring break was great as well.  I headed down to Grand Forks for some shopping with a few teachers from my school last year.  I am so blessed that I am able to keep in touch with teachers I have worked with in the past and have made some lasting friendships with many of these teachers.  It was a great couple days with some wonderful ladies and a great way to spend part of my week off.

Well hopefully my next blog post will come sooner than 3 months down the road.  I'm sure in a months time I will be wanting to share some pictures of a very special little baby with you girls. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh...it was about time you filled me in.

    i can't believe you are going to be an auntie so soon. yeah!! that baby is going to be sooo lucky to have you spoil him/her. because you chose boy i am going to guess that it is a girl! either way...way too much fun coming up.

    i'm super happy that things are going well with you and jon. i would love to meet this guy!

    advice...career wise...you don't wanna move here. i would love to have you close by...the thought of it is actually super exciting. seriously though it is painfully terrible trying to "get in" to teaching here. especially when you are so close to a contract i would seriously think about that. (i just re-read that...i wasn't very encouraging at all. least you are aware how hard it is.) worth it though for the perfect guy!!!

    thanks for the blog!!! love you sam.

    ReplyDelete