AUSTIN RYKER HOLSCHEN
May 4, 2013
7lbs 7oz
20 1/2"
I am incredibly proud to be the aunt of this beautiful baby boy. It is such an exciting time for my family. I am a first time aunt, my brother is a first time dad, Olena is a first time mom, my parents are first time grandparents and my Oma and Opa are first time great-grandparents. This little guy will be spoiled for sure and surrounded with a lot of love and family.
Olena's water broke on Friday night and instead of texting me with the incredible news she texted me to say, "Did you know Steve bought a boat today?" Of course I responded with asking about the boat and we went back and forth discussing this purchase for a moment or two when she then followed this up with, "And my water broke half an hour ago." At first I did not believe her but she wasn't joking. (Steve put her up to mentioning the boat first, as he thought it would be funny to mess with me a little). I talked to her for a bit and couldn't believe that she was able to remain so calm. They stayed at home and watched a movie then came to drop Buddy off at my parents house and visited for a bit before heading to the hospital at 1 (6 hours after her water broke). I was impressed she was able to keep from heading there early (the doctor told her to try to wait at home as long as possible as she would at least be more comfortable there and nothing was going to happen for a while). The following morning I headed to the hospital with my family and we waited with Olena's parents and brother in the atrium waiting for the good news. We got updates, via text from Steve and he popped his head down a few times to tell us what was happening. The baby decided to arrive at 3:49pm on Saturday. It was absolutely priceless getting to watch my brother come down to tell us it was a boy and he and Olena were both doing well.
Holding Austin for the first time was an amazing moment. He is so perfect. I think he might be the cutest baby ever (and I don't think I'm being biased). I couldn't believe how much hair he had either. It was quite curly the first day but a little straighter after his first bath. Austin came home at 4:00 on Sunday and is healthy and beautiful. My brother and his wife are going to be amazing parents and both Austin and them are lucky to have each other.
Expect to see a lot of blog posts in the future starring this cute little guy.



yeah!!! congrats steve and olena and congrats auntie sam!!!!
ReplyDeletelove the pictures and love the story.
i can't believe she waited so long after her water broke. i got in trouble for not going to the hospital immediately!
can't wait to watch this little guy grow up on your blog!