Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Missing You Mikey


Two years have passed without you here
It feels so wrong not to have you near

Not a day goes by I don’t think of you
And the amazing young man you grew into

The memories you left us make me ache
For all the memories we still should make

Yet the world keeps turning and the days go by
But for those who knew you, with each day we cry.

For at every occasion and happy time
We only wish that you could be by our side

As we go through our days, we think of you
You’re still around us in everything we do

A song, a quad, the number 22
A smile from a stranger who looked like you

All bring me back to a time before
And make me ache for just one more

One more chance to hear you laugh out loud
Or to see you hold Paige looking oh so proud

There’s still a hole here in my heart
Since that tragic day that you did part

But you are not gone, I feel you still
You’re all around us and always will

You’re in my heart, I hold you dear
As I wipe away another tear



I love you and miss you Mikey.
Forever 22




1 comment: